Summer is just around the corner, so it’s time to start making plans. Instead of sitting around the house this summer, get outside for some fresh air and exercise. Here are some things your family has to do this summer.
2. Swim in a natural body of water – Pools are great, but there’s something peaceful about swimming in a pond, lake or ocean.
3. Go camping – Camping is an excellent way to get away from gadgets and devices for a few days and truly enjoy nature. Of course, don’t forget your grill.
4. Visit a farmer’s market – Buying fruits and vegetables directly from farmers is an excellent way to support your local community. Plus, everything tastes better when it’s fresh.
5. Go berry picking – You probably have a farm of some kind around you that grows berries. They usually let you pick a bucket full for a flat fee. Then, take your prizes home and whip up something delicious!
6. Meet the ice cream truck – Kids love the ice cream truck. Who doesn’t like sweet delivered? The next time the ice cream man is around, grab a treat.
7. Play in the rain – Now that it’s warm, playing in the rain won’t make anyone sick. When we start to get one of those sunny day downpours, encourage everyone to run outside and splash in some puddles
8. Visit a museum – I know this one is indoors, but museums (especially science museums) set up elaborate exhibits when they know kids will be out of school.
9. Take a long bike ride – I’m not talking about just down the street. Find an easy area where there aren’t many hills so the kids can keep up (you may have to drive there).
10. Visit a petting zoo – During the colder months, the animals don’t like to come out of their enclosures, but during the summer you’ll have some time with them in the mornings and the evenings. Find one that let’s your kids ride a horse or goat.
11. Take a fishing trip – This might not be for everyone, but your little outdoors kid will love it.
12. Find some fireworks – Everyone loves fireworks displays. They are an excellent way to sit back and enjoy an evening (especially once you’ve got everyone fed with your grilled and smoked delicacies).
What does your family like to do during the summer?
Written by Ian Baranesky of The Smoker Broker
The Smoker Broker is the go-to resource for competitive-grade smokers and grills and all things BBQ in Canada. With a passion for BBQ and great experience, they carry the best BBQ products to sell to stores and direct to consumers. As the exclusive Canadian distributor for Yoder Smokers, the Smoker Broker looks for the highest quality grills and accessory products to bring to the public.
The Smoker Broker began in 2013 by two successful entrepreneurs with a passion for all things BBQ. Their goal is to empower retailers to bring their customers a world-class BBQ experience. They provide retailers the best brands in the market and offer knowledge and support. With The Smoker Broker, retailers are to make the best purchasing decisions that mirror the wants and needs of customers – leading to increased sales, retailer credibility, and more.
For more information, visit https://www.smokerbroker.ca.
Interested in writing a guest blog for Smoker Broker? Send your topic idea to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Smoker Broker makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.